People usually refer to Vancouver as a really good place for high-end Chinese food. I wouldn’t know, as our taste are more pedestrian. For future reference, last night’s order at Hon’s was the best we’ve achieved so far:
- 6 pork pan-fried gyoza
- springrolls (mistake, no one ate them)
- tender duck leg soup with orange peel and udon noodles (yummy duck!)
- spicy braised eggplant with pork (my favorite chinese food)
- Beef with ginger and green onions (tender beef, if not plentiful enough)
- Chinese broccoli with oyster sauce (gotta have some greens)
All that was quite nice after our first skiing day.